The research that kept me going in the past few months of work.
Flight Sim References
- On The Glideslope – This guy does really knows his stuff and does great work on his blog. I learned quite a bit about setting up X-Plane properly and using the X-Plane world editor, WED, although I haven’t done too much experimenting with that just yet.
- X-Plane.org – All things X-Plane, including aircraft, scenery, utilities, forums and more.
- Thomas Rasmussen – X-Plane tips and tricks
- Q8Pilot on Youtube – Tons of great info on X-Plane, with reviews, helpful tips and tricks
- Michael Brown on Youtube – Technical setup of systems for X-Plane
- Russ Barrow – Air Manager developer, good info about Air Manager and other projects he’s working on.
- Flight Sim Liberty – More flight sim vids
Real World Training and Aviation Youtube Channels
- King Schools – Wonderful videos, very entertaining. You can’t help but learn new stuff from them.
- The Finer Points – I’ve listened to every single podcast that Jason Miller offers, not too many videos here yet, but I think it’s growing. I got a number of questions correct on my FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Test just from listening to his podcast. He fully explains difficult to understand concepts in a way that makes it fun to learn.
- FlightChops – Entertaining and fun to watch and learn from, or as he says, what not to do.
- Fly8MA – A new video every other day with great flying tips and lessons.
- Embry Riddle – Great training videos, superb production.
- MzeroA/Jason Schappert – Always great training videos and more. I met him at Airventure this year, very nice person as well. Super friendly and helpful. I took their drone training course and passed with a 95 last year, highly recommended.
- Air Safety Institute – Great quick videos on ATC communications, air safety and crash analysis, which is very helpful for what not to do or how to learn from other’s mistakes.
- Cindy Hollman – Love watching her videos, direct and to the point, no BS ground school
- Garry Wing – More ground school with flying examples, really great stuff here